Thursday, December 11, 2008

Stinky Dog


I love my dog - I really do. But sometimes he does things that are REALLY disgusting. Of course, I enable him by leaving tempting items out for him to get into - but really - does he HAVE to make a stinky mess?


The other day, I purged my refridgerator. Old olives, hard cheese slices, stinky old hamburger...you get the idea. Everything went into the garbage to be taken out at a later time when the bag was full. Of course, I never learn - if I have left food of ANY kind in a garbage bag, Buddy will dig it out. He may have a full bowl of dog food, a supply of rawhide bones at his disposal, and treats to keep him passified while I go and run errands, attend functions, go to work, or any of dozens of reasons to leave him alone to his scemes.


Last night was AWANA night - so I'm gone from the apartment for a few hours while I go and hang out with my girls. In those few hours, Buddy has decided that he absolutely NEEDS to consume the sinky hamburger I disposed of - and I mean STINKY!!!! When I came back and walked in the apartment, the smell of rotting dead cow stung my nose and made my eyes water. I then spotted the plastic that contained the hamburger ripped apart and lying on the carpet - ick. I quickly cleaned up the mess, lighted as many scented candles as I could, and of course, made the decision to throw the garbage out right now. Yes, I know, my fault. Now I'm waiting to see what kind of scene I'll come home to after work today - and I can't help but wonder what the end will be of that stinky dead cow.

No comments:

Post a Comment